This beautiful recipe suggestion was recommended to us by the fab team at Neal's Yard Creamery and we wanted to share it with you. You will need one gorgeous Ragstone cheese (but feel free to scale up!).
Grilled Ragstone and roasted pepper salad on sourdough bread.
(Serves 4 as a starter or 2 for a main course)
1) Slice up a red pepper into halves, removing all the seeds and drizzle with oil. Place in a pre-heated oven (180-200 C) and roast for around 20 minutes (until the skins have sagged and began to go dark).
2) Slice a whole Ragstone into medium-thick slices, drizzle with olive oil and place under a hot grill until the Ragstone turns a golden colour and begins to bubble.
3) Whilst the Ragstone is grilling, make a fresh simple salad. We prefer keeping it very basic, just using organic salad leaves such as lambs lettuce or pea-shoots, or add rocket and watercress for an additional hit of pepperiness.
4) When the Ragstone has become a bubbly, gooey golden brown, take out of the grill and leave to cool. (Trying to move the Ragstone from the tray when straight from the grill is asking for a mess!)
5) Enjoy with a slice of thick, freshly baked sourdough, delicious!
You can find Ragstone in our website shop, available on it's own or as part of our selection boxes.